We are Tycmedia (an owner and operator of Find in Ottawa directory) – a company based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada – referred to in this document also in the terms of “Services” (web and email functionalities), “we”, “us” or “our”.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
The information we may collect about you when you use our Services is used to provide the Services’ functionality, process your requests, improve our quality, facilitate the research and analysis, personalize your experience, track usage of the Services, provide customer support, market the Services, send you messages, back up our system, allow for disaster recovery, facilitate our security functionalities and comply with our legal obligations. In any case, any information must be processed initially through our servers and stored for sufficient time to process it, even though it is not intended to be retained.
- Account information: When register for a Tycmedia account, we may use and store the information provided during the process; this may be your full name, email address, postal code and physical address. You can always modify information associated with your account through “My Account” settings.
When you suspect that someone has created an account pretending to be you, you can request its removal by contacting us at email@example.com and providing us with sufficient information identifying you as the true claimant of the account in question.
- Public Content: The information provided by you during the edits to your business listing information as well as your account profile (first name and last initial, city and moth and year joined) are intended to be available for viewing publicly.
- Communications: When you register your account and interact with the Services (eg providing your email address in your business listing) you are opting to receive messages from other users, businesses and Tycmedia.
- Contact forms: We use data you provided on the contact forms for customer service and marketing purposes.
- Activity: We may store information about your interactions with the Services such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit and purchases you make through the Services; as well as information such as your browser type, type of device used, browser language, IP address, SSID, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs and mobile applications.
- Point of access: You may interact with us using different points of access (eg. mobile phones, tablets or computers). The data we collect and store from those interactions may be cross-referenced and combined.
- Legal Basis: Normally the information is collected from you because you gave us your consent to do so, we need it to enter into a contract with you and when we need the information to perform our functions as a business, your data protection rights and freedoms being always our guiding principle. In some cases, our legal obligations would require us to collect data from you to protect you and others from any possible wrongdoing related to using our Services. You can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to clarify the legal basis for the information being collected
We, and third parties with whom we cooperate may use software functionalities such as web beacons, tags, scripts, local shared objects such as HTML5 and Flash, advertising identifiers and similar technology (collectively referred to as “Cookies”) in connection with your use of the Services, third party websites, and mobile applications. Cookies may reside, among other places, on your computer or mobile device, in emails we send to you, and on our web pages. Cookies may transmit information about you and your use of the Services, such as your browser type, search preferences, IP address and the date and time of your use. Cookies may be intended to be stored for a prolonged period of time or only during an individual interaction with the Services..
- Processes, Preferences and Notifications: Intended to adapt the Services’ functionalities to your needs.
- Authentication, Security, and Compliance: Intended to prevent fraud, protect your data from unauthorized use by other parties, and comply with legal requirements.
- Analytics: Intended to help us fulfill our goals as a business in interactions with you.
- Advertising: Intended to gather relevant information on your online activities to provide you with most relevant ads while interacting with various Internet functionalities (see COOKIES below)
The devices that you use to interact with our Services have options that allow you to set some Cookie preferences, that, however, may affect some functionalities of the Services.
3. THIRD PARTIES
Third parties may receive information about you as follows:
Tycmedia uses third party cookies from the following:
Google Inc, which are used for the aforementioned statistical and advertising purposes.
Facebook Inc, which are used for the aforementioned statistical and advertising purposes.
You may allow, block or disable the cookies installed on you device in you browser’s settings (computer or mobile device)
Also you can opt-out from Google Analytics for advertising purposes by visiting installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your browser.
- Service Providers: In some cases we may use third party providers to provide some of the functionalities of our Services as well making sure our business functions properly. They may include eg communications and hosting services, network security, technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing, our own marketing of the Services, business analytics and SEO.
- Legal Requirements: We may need to disclose information about you if we are required by law to comply with any investigation requirements (legal processes and law enforcement instructions and orders). We may also disclose such information if it would help us to prevent, investigate or identify any possible wrongdoing while interacting with our Services.
- Links to External Services: On our www pages we may provide links to other third party services that may be of interest to you. We do not share any information with them about you. When you choose to use their services you are subject to their privacy practices.
5. DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
The Services are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We use various safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
8. WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA